Monday, September 13, 2010

Hurry up and wait

So the past few weeks have been busy, busy, busy and I haven't had a moment to wind down and have time to post. I feel like once we have most everything we need for the baby and have the nursery ready, time is going to crawl. Hence the 'Hurry up and wait' title of this post.

Today marks 34 weeks so first things first:
Total Weight Gain: 38 lbs

Symptoms: Belly is LARGE! It is kind of taking over everything at this point! I go to stand at the sink or scoot in at my desk and it doesn't quite let me get there. As far as it being uncomfortable, I can't complain at all. There are some days when I get braxon hicks pretty often that can be uncomfortable and after awhile start to take a toll on my back, but they come and go.
The most uncomfortable thing at the moment is the acid reflux. Depending on what I eat, it can get really bad. I tried Rolaids and they didn't seem to be doing the trick, so I grabbed some Mylanta and it seems to be helping this evening. The lasagna I ate for dinner last night and lunch today didn't help that at all, I am afraid.

Stretch Marks: None! but the belly button has popped :-)

Sleep: Still sleeping well and feeling rested when I wake up. Starting to have to pee more often now, so it is interrupted more than usual but I can't complain.

Best Moment Last Week: Traveling to VT for the baby shower! The shower was beautiful, my mom and sister did a wonderful job. We got so much stuff. This baby will be the best dressed on the block, that is for sure. We also celebrated a sort of 'baby-moon' and Anniversary together by staying in Stowe for a couple of nights. We got a free upgrade to a suite, it was very nice.

Movement: All the time. I can tell by the way the movements feel that it is starting to get tight in there.

Food Cravings: No cravings, but I am liking egg and cheese on an english muffin and yogurt right now.

What I Miss: Still missing having the energy to keep busy all day on the weekends, but I am getting better about it. I can more easily recognize when I need a bit of a break and get it in before the pain sets in.

What am I looking forward to: Another shower this weekend! My wonderful friend Nicole is throwing me a shower down here in RI. My mom and sister are even driving down from VT to attend.
Next weekend will be our trip to Maine for another friends wedding. Mom and Dad will be coming along for this, so it should be a great time.

Milestones: We started and have made tremendous progress on the nursery. I am waiting to post pictures until I feel like it is completely done. There are a couple more items needed that I think we will have after this weekend.

How is Daddy? Daddy is good. He is away on training for work in PA this week and will get home Friday evening. He is loving being able to feel the baby move all the time and trying to guess which body part is rolling around under his hand :-)

Now, for the maternity photos that J did a wonderful job taking. We had a beautiful back drop in the trails behind the hotel that we stayed at in Stowe, in addition to some great shots at the site where we were married 3 years ago.































2 comments:

  1. Ha! I was planning on an egg and cheese English muffin breakfast right after I finished reading your post. Guess you just sealed the deal for me. :)

    ((((Mama and Ben photos))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just your mom again. Pregnancy really suits you. Your pictures are beautiful. You know I can sympathize with that acid reflux. Nasty stuff! Love you!

    ReplyDelete